"To say that Jubilate! is a group of talented people that embodies a faithful, loving and welcoming spirit would be a huge understatement. Their music radiates these attributes so strongly that experiencing them live is an absolute must."
Coupe Studios, Boulder, CO
Jubilate!, pronounced "yü-be-lä-tay", means "Shout for Joy!" As a spiritually diverse service choir, we share God's word and glorify Him through music”. We also add: “Jubilate brings music to those who love and need it, free of charge.”
Born out of a desire to share the gift of ‘a cappella' choral music with the Boulder community, and to grow musically under the directorship of a gifted and inspiring director, Jubilate Sacred Singers, a service choir which performs, began in 2002. With an initial membership of 30, they pledged their resources and accepted the challenge of learning an extensive and varied repertoire that could be tailored to a range of venues. The choir sings primarily ‘a cappella' choral music, and rehearses and performs without accompaniment.
Within a few months of contacting potential venues, a weekly performance pattern developed that continues today. The groups for whom Jubilate! sings are three-pronged:
1) Churches: perform concerts and services several times a year.
2) Under-served populations: perform frequently for residents at retirement centers, hospitals and hospice facilities.
3) Community outreach: through collaboration with community ensembles or non-profits, Jubilate! raises awareness and funds for local causes with concerts:
Jubilate! performs a major concert each year, tours and recordings every other year, and commits to a tour or professionally recording.
Jubilate! does not charge for its service, but survives financially through member and individual support, local grants and voluntary support from organizations. Through their efforts, the members of Jubilate! bring quality, and free musical performances to Colorado Front Range residents almost every week of the year.
OUR INTERIM ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
| Sue Wedaa (her biography to follow shortly)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Grandin Hammell, President
- Open, President-Elect
- Bruce Rose, Past President
- Bethany Niehaus, Recording Secretary
- Loren Donaldson, Treasurer
- Danielle Wasmer, Member at Large
- Seanna Hartman, Member at Large
- Sue Wedaa, Interim Artistic Director
The members of Jubilate are bound by a common love for choral music and a desire to share it with others. We rehearse every week on Thursday evenings from 7:00-9:00 p.m. In the If you are interested in singing with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org